Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
As preppers and survivalists, we all fantasize. We all have these strange ideas about how it will all go down.
What we have to remember is that these are nothing more than fantasies.
This article details some of the strategies many preppers think will keep them alive and how these very same strategies could get them killed.
There is a lot for the average prepper to consider.
- Things like bunker living with a family for an extended period of time. There are many questions that must be asked about the ability for a family to merely survive in such close quarters over an extended period.
- The issue of long term survival in the wilderness is a. To keep a family alive in the wilderness is no easy feat. In fact survival in general will prove to be more of a challenge than many think. Do you know how to trap, hunt and fish? How would you survive winter?
- Another mistake will be leaning on your garden over food storage. Gardening is great but food storage is secure inside your home. Don’t forget that gardens will be looted.
- Many preppers like to live by the equation of GUNS>FITNESS. This is a big mistake that will come back to haunt many of them. Fitness is inextricably tied to health and when the doctors are gone your ability to stay healthy and heal are going to be huge!
- The long distance bugout is another plan that will likely get people killed in a collapse. You see, traveling over 10 miles with kids is really going to take a miracle. That’s just the reality. Have you ever taken a 5 mile hike with your kids? Most people cannot say they have. Its a long way and kids get tired and cranky.