SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Please be sure to like SHTF AND PREPPING CENTRAL on Facebook, this means you won’t miss any of our posts that can help you prepare you and your family for survival in an emergency or SHTF situation.
Check out our store for hand picked survival gear : CLICK HERE
1. Bamboo Palms remove formaldehyde and are also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plants absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldehyde.
3. Areca Palms are one of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plants are great indoor plants for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldehyde from air.
5. The Peace Lily could be called the “clean-all”. They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldehyde and trichloroethylene from air as well. A somewhat toxic plant to pets however, so keep this one on a shelf or out of reach altogether.
6. A Gerbera Daisy not only has beautiful flowers, but they also remove benzene from the air. They’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen throughout the night.