SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Did you know that you can eliminate many of the every day drugs most people use by growing medicinal plants in your garden? It goes without saying that you should consult with a doctor before getting off your meds, but for some ailments, herbs will work just as well as drugs you need a prescription for.
Growing medicinal plants in your backyard allows you to be more self-sufficient and not dependent on doctors and pharmaceuticals. It will also save you money.
Let’s look at just a few of the best medicinal plants to grow at home.
- aloe vera is great for burns, cuts and eczema
- lavender is soothing, relaxing and helps with indigestion and headaches
- basil is great not only for cooking, but will help ease PMS symptoms, improve your appetite and relieve stress.
- dill can help with menstrual cramps, and help the digestive process
- garlic lowers blood pressure, and is a natural antibiotic
- clove is good for preventing toothaches and prevent inflammation
- parsley will strengthen immune system and is great for freshening breath