SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Lice can be a pain in the butt. If you have school age children you probably have encountered these pesky little bugs at one point or another. There are many over the counter solutions to killing lice, but they nearly all contain nasty chemicals. Save your self money and try these all natural solutions to treat and repel lice.
- Lice HATE the smells and texture of certain herbs like, tea tree oil, peppermint, lavender, rosemary and eucalyptus. To repel the lice add 6- 10 drops of tea tree oil or rosemary oil to your child’s shampoo, conditioner or both, you have to make sure to shake the shampoo/conditioner well tho to get all the oils mixed, and shake every time you use it.
- Another great way to repel lice is to make am essential oil spray, simply spray on hair when combing through looking for lice. what I would do with this spray tho is simply spray on the hair before your child goes to school or activities to repel the lice before they even get on the hair. This is a really easy to make and will last you a while
How To Make Lice Repelling Spray
- 10 or 12 ounce spray bottle filled with distilled water
- 6-10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. tea tree oil
- 1/2 – 1tsp. eucalyptus oil
- 6-10 drops of lavender essential oil
Remember to shake the mixture well. Just a side note, the more oil you put in the more greasy this may make the hair.
I hope these 3 ways of repelling and preventing lice help and in a SHTF situation lice will be everywhere, not just on children so make sure you have some made, or have the essential oils stocked.