SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This is a very unique questionnaire.
Because of the constant assault coming from the media, social media and this strange world we have created in the 21st century, more people than ever are trying to get out!
The push towards self-reliance is stronger than ever. Homesteading and off grid living is extremely appealing to many people. Even the phenomenon of the tiny house has proven that the old line of thinking is faltering.
From the outside, these things look very appealing. From your couch, in the climate controlled environment and through your cellphone, these things look very appealing. The simple life can be very uncomfortable.
- What is a simple life?
- What do you want from a simple life?
- What are you willing to give up?
- What can’t you live without?
- Do you like spending time with family and friends?
- What are your short term goals in terms of living a simple life?
- What about your long term goals?
- Do you have any skills that pertain self-sufficiency
- Have you created a budget?
- Can you manipulate that budget?
- Are you willing to move away from modern amenities?
- Are you desperate for a change?
- Do you love the life you have now?
- Does your family share your beliefs?
- Are you ready to minimize things?
- Do you like being alone?
- Are you tired of rushing?
- Are you ready for some peace and quiet?
- What drives you towards this lifestyle change?
- Are you motivated?
- Would you leave your job?
- Are you scared of change?
- Are you scared of risk?
- Do you mind being dirty?
- Can you stay organized?
Don’t answer these questions on a whim. If you are considering something as big as a lifestyle change you should sit down and really think these through.