Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
In the 21st Century, it is imperative that you know how to protect yourself. This is no longer an option in our society but a duty.
A physical altercation is the worst case scenario. Even if you have the upper hand it still can play out really bad for you. We are fragile creatures and small blows to very specific areas can shut the lights out for good. The best bet is to become a master of avoiding danger and altercations at all cost.
One of the best ways to do this is to be aware. If someone is following you there is a reason.
Depending on the setting you will quickly understand the reason. How can you be sure if someone is following you and you’re not just paranoid? Read this article and it will give you the quick answers on this topic.
What are the Signs
- Over the span of some time and space, you have seen the same person 3x or more. Not in a building but traveling from store to store and place to place.
- Matching your speed is another sign. It’s very rare that people match your speed and keep pace behind you for any duration of time.
- Finally, if this same person is constantly staring at you, you got problems.
What are the Steps to Thwart Them
You can also really power up your approach to thwarting these people who might be following you.
- Change directions rapidly but keep yourself in a public location with many people.
- Change your posture and become confident and loud. Draw attention to yourself.
- While not always the best method, you might want to confront them.
- Go into a store or restaurant and settle down. Eat, shop and call someone to come meet you.