SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Having power tools at your home or bug out location is a great way to perform repairs when the time calls.
I had given this a lot of thought when I was preparing to move into my house out in the country. I took a look over my granddad’s tools and was dumbfounded because the answer lies with 60 year old or so tools!
These good ol’ non-power tools worked then, and will again if it ever hits the fan.
Take a look at the tools you most likely would need to repair damage to your house and look out for them at garage sales or on craigslist.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar