SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
If you have the space I think it is very important you have a greenhouse. If SHTF or you get bad weather for weeks at a time this could effect your vegetables in a bad way.
Greenhouses produce a better yield as the temperatures and humidity are more stable. Your food actually LOVES greenhouses. I found a website that have 13 cheap DIY greenhouse plans for you to look at and build.
My favorite looking one is nice enough that it could double as a guest house. The cost is higher, but a building like this would make a beautiful asset to most properties, and it could be built out of recycled materials to save money.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar