SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
We all know our vegetables and fruits are safe to eat, but what about other wild edibles? Wild edibles can be a great source of nutrients for us and save us a lot of money at the grocery store.
Here are a few common North American goodies that are safe to eat if you find yourself stuck in the wild or just want to live a more self sufficient lifestyle.
I found a really good article over at my family survival plan and they tell you what wild edibles are safe to eat in the wild and show you pictures to help too. See the list and full article below:
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar