SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Having a tarp as part of your bug out bag is essential, it’s lighter than a tent, easily carried on your backpack and so versatile… you can make 66+ shelters with a single tarp. I personally have a 10 x 10 blue tarp but I want to purchase either a brown or camouflage tarp just to blend in more if I had to bug out.
Just check out all the different shelters and structures you can make. Amazing. Try some out and if you do, please take photos and post them to our Facebook wall. We would love to see them. A tarp can also come in very handy if you want to add an extra layer of waterproofing and shade to a tent if you are camping.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar