SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Have you ever given thought to the unlikely chance of having to bug out and you have nowhere to go? No other safe house?
Well, this article has over 20 photos to give you an idea of how to make a long term habitat with materials from the woodlands. So if you have the time and the few tools you could have one just like this.
This is a plausible way to live if SHTF, we lived like this for thousands of years so its a proven way to live, and for free who can complain.
I would rather go into the woods and build one of these shelters than live with a hundred people under a bridge any day!
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar