SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This has always been a confusing topic. On smaller-scale systems, turbines can be a good alternative to solar power, but more often than not achieve their best when implemented together with a solar system: a small wind turbine can generate electricity in a breeze even when the sun is not shining.
Solar modules can generate electricity during the daytime when the wind is not blowing. Read the full fantastic article by clicking the link below and get your Wind Turbines versus Solar Panels 101. Tell me what you think on our Facebook page.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar