SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
There are many different skills you will need to be self-sufficient and ready to homestead.
If you’re don’t own that perfect piece of land yet, there is still time to start honing your skills in areas that will be advantageous when you finally get off the grid (or as close to it as we can!).
This article from Reformation Acres goes through 30 valuable homesteading skills that you can practice and perfect in the meantime.
Don’t let time get the best of you, start now so you are ready when the time comes.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar