SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
I absolutely love this project. I have posted lots of different PVC green houses and a few PVC raised garden houses too, but none that can retract to expose the whole bed!
This is a great idea if you need to let the sunshine shine directly on the food when it get hot enough for them. “Anybody who is even slightly mechanical can build one,” Harris says. “If they run into trouble, I’d be glad to help. My hoop houses have let me grow greens even in the snow.” See how to build your own below:
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar