SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
I found a cool DIY project I think everyone would enjoy, pre and post SHTF. A DIY wood burning sauna. Cool right? This project will not cost you an arm or a leg or a gym membership either, you could find a lot of the items needed on craigslist.
I would even go as to search forums and online salvage websites for free wood to build the hut, even a good old pallet or two would work well.
Check out this cool project below, if you ever get around to making it, please, please post pics, I may even attempt this when I find the time!
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar