SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Asparagus is rich in vitamins B, C, calcium, and iron. Growing perennials is a sustainable, practical gardening technique that will provide you with food for years.
But there are a few things you need to know about growing your asparagus crop like:
- how to avoid pests, diseases, and weeds,
- how to properly prepare the beds,
- and ultimate how to harvest them
Rodale has put together an excellent guide to help you get the best yields from your asparagus crop. So check out the link below and maybe this year try growing some asparagus in your survival garden yourself if you haven’t already.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar