SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Having a way to cook if the SHTF is obviously a given, having a way to cook with less fuel is the smartest thing to have. A rocket stove can boil water and cook food on only a few sticks and twigs. They are super efficient.
You can buy them for around 100 bucks, but why spend that money when you can make your own for a fraction of that cost. See how to build a large rocket stove below
How To Build A Rocket Stove From a Five Gallon Metal Bucket
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar