SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Having a generator on hand is great in case your power goes out for an extended period of time.
Pretty much every winter out power goes out because of ice storms, we would be lost without ours.
When it comes to prepping a generator is a double-edged sword.
On one side you have the power to keep warm, cook food and see at night.
But on the other side generators are very noisy.
People will know you have power and could try and take the generator away or even worse try to kill you for it.
See how to make your generator quiet.
Note: yes its a word! Look it up 😉
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar