How to Survive a Venomous Snake Bite

SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.

If you live around poisonous snakes, the chances are they are a lot closer than you realize. They could be up under your home or under your shed. For the most part, if you leave these snakes alone, they will return the favor. 

How to Survive a Venomous Snake Bite - This article talks about how to ID the snake the bites you and what do when the venom is coursing through your veins. Though that venom may not be deadly it could hinder you in such a way that wilderness survival could become an impossibility.

In pretty rare instances people get bit by these poisonous snakes. It can be the fault of the human or the fault of the snake. 

Maybe you reach under something outside and instead of finding what you were looking for you find the fangs of a copperhead. Or maybe you spend a night in the mountains and during the cool night a diamondback cuddles up under your tent and when you roll over on it bites you. 

Do you know what to do if you or someone you love is bit by a snake? 

The old line about cutting a cross in the bite and sucking the wound is as laughable as it gets! You cannot beat the fangs. They inject poison into the bloodstream and then it’s off to the races. 

  1. Step one is to call for help. 
  2. Step two is to try and identify the snake that bit you. 
  3. The next step is to leave the bite alone! Don’t agitate it.
  4. Finally, stay calm and still. The extent of the damage is based on your increased heart rate and how much venom can get around your body. 
  5. Drink plenty of fluids if you cannot get medical attention and stay calm. In most cases, your body will deal with the venom. It won’t be fun. 

The most important part of this whole process is to get to a doctor so you can get the anti-venom. That is the only way you can affect the venom. Otherwise, you are just waiting out pain and devastating effects. 

How to Survive a Venomous Snake Bite - This article talks about how to ID the snake the bites you and what do when the venom is coursing through your veins. Though that venom may not be deadly it could hinder you in such a way that wilderness survival could become an impossibility.


Bonus: How to Make Pemmican, the Original Survival Food

Invented by the natives of North America pemmican was used by Indian scouts as well as early western explorers.

Native Americans spent a great deal of time on the go and depended on having portable, high-energy, highly nutritious, and filling foods that would last for long periods of time without refrigeration.

Pemmican is a portable, long-lasting, high-energy food. It's made of lean, dried meat that's crushed into powder and mixed with hot, rendered fat. This makes it one of the ultimate foods to have stockpiled for when SHTF or disaster strikes.

Learn How to Make Pemmican

How To Make Pemmican: The Original Survival Food - If you're living through a disaster where you're on your feet a lot and don't have time to cook, one of the best foods you can eat is pemmican. It's packed full of fat and protein and can give you lots of steady energy throughout the day.

People really should avert their gaze from the modern survival thinking for just a bit and also look at how folks 150 years ago did it.

These guys were the last generation to practice basic things, for a living, that we call "survival skills" now.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.shtfpreparedness.com/how-to-survive-a-venomous-snake-bite/

Send this to a friend