SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Oh, how I can’t wait to build a strawberry planter this spring! If you have the tools on hand, this whole project could literally cost you nothing!
There are many places you can find pallets for free. Just make sure they are heat-treated (HT) and safe to use.
If you don’t have the tools on hand, you can get them fairly cheaply at Lowes, Home Depot or Amazon.
The reason I think you should grow strawberries in a planter is simple:
- It’s raised off the ground where rabbits and critters can steal your crop,
- They are easier to manage and you actually get more strawberries this way,
- the soil is very loose and aerated and plenty of gaps, etc to grow out of.
Check out this Instructable on how to make your very own strawberry pallet planter.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar