SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
When you are in the wilderness then adding winter to the equation can spell certain death without adequate preparation.
Staying warm and dry are essential in the cold and having the correct supplies will make that much easier.
A winter survival tent is a must have for any prepper especially in countries with harsh winters where you may encounter below freezing temperatures.
Regular tents will not hold up with the cold and insulating your winter survival tent can mean the difference between surviving or not.
Ready To Go Emergency Winter Survival Tents
If you are in an accident and stuck in freezing conditions you will need an emergency shelter that can handle the elements. There are some ready to go options that you can buy and keep on hand for when disaster strikes.
- Compact Emergency Shelter: The Go Time Gear Life Tent is a weatherproof 2-person tent made from tear and puncture-resistant PET mylar with an interior that reflects 90% of your body heat. You'll stay warm and dry in wind, rain, and snow. Ideal in any backpack while camping and hiking or even a car survival kit.
- Waterproof and Windproof: Our emergency storm shelter weighs just 8.7oz and packs down fast in a 5.25” x 3.25” stuff sack. Our reusable survival kit allows you to escape the elements and winter weather without weighing you down.
- Quick Set-Up: Our thermal emergency tube tent sets up fast between trees. Weigh it down with rocks or gear for extra stability. If no trees are available, wrap it around yourself as an emergency sleeping bag, blanket, bivvy bag, or bivvy sack.
- 120 Decibel Whistle and 20FT Paracord Included: Engineered for emergencies, our Life Tent includes a 120-decibel whistle to alert rescuers up to 1-mile away. The 550lb nylon core Para-Synch drawstring can also be used to tie down or repair gear and backpacking supplies.
- Go Time Gear Has Your Back: In an uncertain world, our life tent is an essential, reliable piece of equipment for your hiking gear, earthquake kit, survival pack, or even bug out bag. If you're not satisfied, let us know and we'll make it right.
This winter survival tent will keep you warm and dry in an emergency. A 2 person tent that is made of extra thick tear and puncture resistant material is waterproof and windproof and is up to handling the elements.
The interior of this tent reflects up to 90% of your body heat keeping you as warm as possible. An easy set up for this survival tent means that you will be able to be protected from the harsh surroundings as quickly as possible.
This lightweight option allows you to keep it on hand for when the worst happens and the fact that you can reuse it is an added plus.
- Versatile Hot Tent: 4 Season Tent equipped with stove jack for tent stove, wind-proof snow skirt with heat retention functionality to keep warm in cold weather. The double-door design and the foldable snow skirt can also ensure sufficient ventilation, make it a good choice to use in summer. - Perfect for Family Camping Hunting Fishing and more.
- Large Capacity: 12.4ft/3.8m in bottom diameter, 7.8ft/2.4m in heigh, capacity up to 6 people. It provides a roomy space, you can stand in or move inside the tent comfortably
- Premium Material: This hot tent is made of 70D coated nylon fabric with 3000mm waterproof rating, equipped with aluminum alloy tent pole. Double doors with quality snag-free YNS waterproof zippers.
- Dimension: Setup size – 12.4ft(3.8m) in Diameter, 7.8ft(2.4m) in Height; Folded size – 22.8”*7.8”*7.8”inch(58*20*20CM); Weight: 9.2lbs (4.2kg)
- Package Includes: Comes with a complete setup kit 1 x tipi tent , tent pole, a stove jacket，24 tent pegs and 10 guy-lines.
If you have the space to store this winter survival tent option it will allow you to handle freezing temperatures with ease.
A 6 person tent equipped with stove jack for tent stove, wind-proof snow skirt with heat retention functionality to keep warm in cold weather.
The ability to add a tent stove can ensure you are able to survive for longer and keep everyone warm and dry.
- 【Backpack Tent for 2 Person】GEERTOP backpacking tent is spacious enough to accommodate up to two people, perfect for couples or single person backpack outdoor travel; Inner tent with the dimension of Inner layer: 78(L) x 55(W) x 41(H) inches; and easily add 2 small vestibules of 24 inches wide when straighten out the tent flysheet, extra space for putting camping gear
- 【Waterproof Tent for 4 Season】Double layer tent for camping - tent flysheet with snow skirt used the rugged 210T anti-tear checkered polyester with high-tech seam taped, up to PU3000mm waterproof level ; Inner tent with mesh offers great ventilation in summer hot weather, great for outdoor travel all year round
- 【 Simple & Easy to Use】Free-standing 2 aluminum poles design for a lightweight hiking tent, light but sturdy enough, allowing you quickly and easily to assemble or take down; Great for camping beginner or even a child can set up the tent with double wall in 5-8 minutes
- 【Breathable & Compact】Tents for camping 2 person has two D-shaped double doors with mesh and dual zippers, which provide much better ventilation; Equipped with aluminum stakes and reflective guy lines more stable, to get a high resistance of wind
- 【Lightweight Backpacking Tent】Ultralight 2 person tent less than 7 pounds, easily pack it in a compact carrying size - 17 x 7 x 7 inches; light enough for bike and canoe camping and short backpacking trips, be great for solo or couple trips, and primitive sights; You can use it on the open beach, or in the shaded woods, free standing, so no worries if pitching in sand, grass or in your living room
This double layered, waterproof tent is a great winter survival tent candidate. It is designed to handle all 4 seasons including winter made with rugged 210T anti-tear checkered polyester.
It is water resistant and you can easily shake snow off after a blizzard as well. Comfortable and breathable this tent will allow you to fit 2 people with ease and setting up is a breeze.
You will be able to weather the storm in this winter survival tent.
Insulating Your Winter Survival Tent
If you have a regular tent you may be wondering how you can make it work as a winter survival tent and the main answer is insulation.
If you have the right inner linings then you can retain the bulk of the heat in the tent turning it into a powerful cocoon protecting you from the elements and the cold.
- [Versatile Inner Tent] The Crua Culla Maxx is ONLY to be used as an Inner Tent. Our Culla Series can be used inside of any Tent it will fit into. It can also be used on boats, camper vans, RV's, under shelters or just about anywhere for the best night's sleep.
- [Patented Insulation Technology] Our Insulated Tent can provide temperature regulation inside a Tent which otherwise would not. Our Culla Maxx is also a blackout tent and a noise cancelling tent which dampens the sounds of the outside world.
- [Modular Tent] With our Modular technology it makes our Tents; easy to set up, easy to expand and easy to insulate. Transform your camping experience
- [Ultralight Tent] The Culla Maxx has a super light premium quality with insulated protection from the elements.
- [Comfortable Tent] At Crua we want to make the camping experience more comfortable, which is why we create durable tents which also ensure comfort. Tents that keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
This inner tent can be used inside a regular tent as added insulation to convert it into a winter survival tent.
With its patented insulation technology it provides excellent temperature regulation for your tent in addition it acts as a blackout noise canceling tent for some extra features.
This modular tent is super quick and easy to set up and expands rapidly to full size. It is a super light and can be easily kept with you for a comfortable and durable camping experience.
- NEVER FEAR THE WINTER WEATHER AGAIN stay warm and dry in the bleachers, while lovingly supporting your kids at the football, soccer, hockey, softball, other sports or family event, out in the boat, festival or enjoying the great outdoors; your all purpose blanket has a tough red water and wind resistant polyester backing and gray 300 gsm anti-pill polar fleece to give you the best cosy feel
- NO MORE STAINS ON THE COUCH your XL lightweight blanket can save you from life’s little or big mistakes by being a moisture barrier to unwanted spills; be aware the soft plush fleece side is not water resistant; spread the mat under the baby high chair indoors, or put it on the car seat for the dog or pet to travel on; then just throw it in the wash and roll up for storage in its stuff sack
- WHY OUR BLANKET ultrasonically quilted, the 2 layers can’t slide on each other, maximizing safety; at 2.9 lb of quality materials it is THICKER THAN THE OTHERS in this price range; a special double coating has been sprayed in between the 2 layers to stop water penetrating from the red side, making it waterproof in most situations; a secret zip storage pocket for the stuff sack and it is backed by our lifetime warranty; if your unhappy with your blanket, EVER, send in for replacement
- YOU DESERVE A BREAK head down to the park, spread your picnic mat for your little ones to play on; take a good book to the beach, sit and watch the big surf roll in; or wrap yourself up and be the warmest person around the camp fire; use it in your tent to cover your sleeping bag on those cold nights
- WATCH THE SUNSET IN COMFORT WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE show them you care about the little things, be prepared with your extra large blanket, go for a romantic picnic and pop your keys in side the safety of the weatherproof pocket; it is Australian designed with integrity; if you ever have a problem with your blanket there’s no need to worry because it is totally covered by our lifetime warranty, as we say in Australia, “She’ll be right mate"
Ensuring you have a warm, dry and comfortable bottom to your tent will certainly help to insulate it and retain its heat.
This quality blanket is a great way to insulate your winter survival tent. It has 2 layers and is both waterproof and windproof, the thicker fleece makes the blanket warmer and more comfy.
The leak proof quilting prevents slipping between the two layers making it ideal for the floor of your tent. The blankets’ extra large size means you will get coverage with this option.
LYN Heavy Duty Emergency Blanket Survival Gear Waterproof Insulated Blanket Emergency Tarp for Camping
- 🥡【59.8"*83.9"】Covers More Than 3.24 Square Meters, Accommodate Up To 2 Adults. 4 Additional Reinforced Stakes for 4 Buckles.
- 💼【11.0"*16.1" 1.16lbs】PE Bag with Zipper, Light Weight to Carry on in Backpack.
- 🚨【Waterproof, Windproof, Ripstop】Waterproof and Windproof Make it Suitable for Wild Survival. Tear Resistant in Storms.
- 🌠【100% Reflection】Helps Maintain at Least 95 Percent of Your Body Temperature. Prevent Hypothermia to Save Your Life. Block Your Infrared Heat Signature when Needed.
- ⛺️【Reusable and Durable】Rugged 4 Layers including PE, Polyester Mesh, Second PE and Aluminum Foil. Suitable for Many Situations, including Raincoat, Camping, Hiking, Mountainning, Snowfield and Heavy Duty. Also Can be Used as Car Protection, Sunshine Shelter, Pets Shelter, SOS Signal, Solar Heater for Many Times.
This blanket or emergency tarp can assist in insulating your winter survival tent with its excellent heat retention capacity.
With the ability to retain 95% of body heat it can turn your tent into a warm safe zone protecting you from the cold. The three layers make it sturdy and durable as an insulation option.
It is multipurpose and is insulated, waterproof, windproof, compact as well as lightweight. This option will keep your tent winter ready at an affordable price.
DIY Winter Survival Tents
You may find yourself stuck in the winter wilderness with just nature at your disposal and if that is the case it may be necessary to make your own winter survival tent with what you find in your immediate surroundings.
An A-Frame DIY Shelter
Find a suitable area to set up your handmade winter survival tent. You need clear space to be able to set up your shelter. Select a ridgepole that will be suitably strong and durable to be the center of your shelter.
Find arms for the ridgepole to provide adequate support for the structure. Next add smaller sticks to provide the main cover for your shelter.
Fill all the spaces and seal any openings that will expose you to the elements. Insulate as much as possible with natural elements like leaves and moss. It is important to insulate the ground as well to keep you as dry and warm as possible.
Whether you have a ready to go winter survival tent that you can pop open and use in an emergency situation or you are forced to put together a DIY winter survival tent there are plenty of options to keep you warm and safe in freezing conditions.
If you keep a level head and make sure to keep insulation and heat retention front of mind you will be able to survive through the winter cold should the worst happen.
Read Other Related Article:
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar