SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Make this DIY water filter for about half the price and get the same water purifying properties as the real Berkey water filter. Based on current prices, you should be able to put this DIY Berkey water purifer together for less than $100 (using the white filters) and for far less than the cost of bottled water.
- 2 food grade buckets with lids (BPA Free, 3 pack)
- Berkey filter twin pack (black or white ceramic)
- a faucet kit
- 3/4″ drill bit
- 7/16″ drill bit
Check out the full tutorial from our friends over at Instructables and save a lot of money by making one or even two of these awesome homemade water purifiers.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar