SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Whether you are a homemaker and the destruction of your skin is happening because of cleaning or if you are an operator that has killed your feet in boots, moisturizers can help.
When you talk about survival and prepping you might not think that something made of shea butter is going to make a difference in this world. However, that’s the reality of what this article is all about. A resource is a resource and skincare is big.
Personal hygiene is likely the biggest skill that is overlooked by preppers and those preparing for SHTF. The biggest killer in a large-scale collapse is going to be infection and illness. You combat that with the first line of defense in personal hygiene.
How to Make a Simple Homemade Moisturizer
1 Part Shea Butter
1 Part Organic Cocoa Butter
1/2 Parts Coconut Oil
The key to this simple moisturizer is using high-quality ingredients. The better the ingredients the more effective this recipe will be on your skin.
- Take all of your ingredients and place them in a double boiler. A double boiler is a metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Don’t melt these ingredients down over direct heat. The double boiler is gentle and works best
- Once these ingredients are melted together set them aside to cool down
- After the ingredients have cooled add them to a food processor
- The mix will look yellow soupy but after you whiz them in that food processor the mix will start to take on air and get lighter and whiter
Store this in a jar or in some Tupperware container. This mix can be used in any way that you use a moisturizer that is store-bought.
It’s a DIY prep that is much more important than you think.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar