SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Don’t settle for cheap water barrel stands, build your own with these great FREE plans. These are sturdy, easy to build and look fantastic in any garden.
Short on space but want more water barrels? Then perhaps these Water Barrel Stand Plans could be what you’re looking for. This article shows you how to build stands in order to stack 55 gallon barrels one atop another, even several wide.
Remember that water is very heavy (one filled 55 gallon drum weights about 450 pounds) so be sure you follow the directions carefully and don’t cut corners. (also check with your local county to see if rain collection is legal)
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar