SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
It’s easy to go crazy buying flowers and shrubs to add beauty to your landscape. Curb appeal is important, especially if you’re planning to sell your home. But by landscaping with food you can have a bit of both worlds: a beautiful lawn and food for the family.
Landscaping With Food
There are many benefits to edible landscaping. Here are just a few:
- it’s safer for kids (no need for chemicals, like a lawn needs)
- saves money
- better for your health
- beneficial for the environment
Wonder what food you could plant that looks good? There are lots of options: fruit trees, berries, edible flowers, kitchen herbs, etc.
Just imagine going out in your backyard and picking a fresh, soft, delicious peach, or a crisp apple. You can make apple pies and butter in the fall. You can eat blueberries all summer long. Likewise, enjoy herbs all year long by drying them.
There’s no better feeling than growing your own food, and skipping lawn mowing!
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar