SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Power by the movement of water is genius, if you have a huge river or stream you could generate a literal off the grid system, but what if you live with a small creek or a slow flowing body of water… over at otherpower.com they have a DIY water generator and they built a little dam to create a steady flow of water that turned the turbine.
Obviously this isn’t a real secure way of generating enough power to run a whole house but if certainly could help and is a very efficient method of harnessing power. Read the full article and get the tutorial below:
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar