SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This kit costs about $1.67 a day and has around 2800 calories. Of course, you do not need to eat that many calories a day BUT if SHTF you may need to eat more as you may be more physically active.
All of the foods that are mentioned in this article store well with the exception of the raw eggs. But if you look on my website I have done a post on how to keep eggs fresh for up to 12 months.
See the full article below and remember that being prepared, even if it’s just a little is better than nothing at all. Help your family by doing them a 30-day food kit and tell them it’s for a storm, they will be prepared without even realizing it 🙂
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar