SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
* Please use common sense and make sure you know 100% what you will be drying and drinking. We are not responsible for any mistakes you may make. Please read the disclaimer
Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world, the first being coffee, obviously. If you lived in the hot, humid climates like India etc, you could just grow normal, regular tea.. easy. If you live in the states or Europe, this is more difficult so most of us don’t even bother. I personally do not drink “black” teas, but I do drink herbal tea, mostly for the taste but most certainly for its health benefits like settling upset tummy’s and restful sleep because of the lack of caffeine before bed.
You can use the leaves, buds, petals and the roots, just cut and dry out and mix together with other herbs to make your tea blend. This would make a great gift for Christmas or birthdays too. So not only are you being frugal you are getting an all natural drink.
A wide range of herbal teas can grow quite well in your very own yard or indoors, so start taking your tea making to an entirely new and delicious level. Below is 15 plants or herbs you can use to make your own tea blends. Try mixing them up and come up with your own wonder tea flavor. Just remember to share the recipe with us 🙂
* The ones in bold are calming and relaxing 🙂
- Angelica: Root.. Good for digestive support.
- Lemongrass: Use theStalk.. Good for calming, relaxing, digestive aid.
- Nettles: Use the Leaf.. Good for detoxifying, nourishing.
- Mint: Use the Leaves.. Good for calming, digestive.
- Milk Thistle: Use the Buds.. Good for detoxification.
- Passionflower: Use the Leaves.. Good for relaxing and restful sleep.
- Rosehips: Use the Buds after bloom has died.. Good for vitamin C boost.
- Lemon Balm: Use the Leaves.. Good for calming and relaxing.
- Chamomile: Use the Buds.. Good for relaxing and soothing tummy.
- Echinacea: Use the Buds.. Good for immune support.
- Catnip: use the Leaves.. Good for calming.
- Raspberry: Use the Leaf.. Good for female reproductive support.
- Lavender: Use the Buds.. Good for calming and soothing.
- Dandelion: Use the Root.. Good for live support.. blood tonic.
- Linden: Use the Flowers.. Good for digestive, calming.