SHTFPreparedness may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
There are a ton of tools that you can use in your survival arsenal. Most preppers will use these tools to maximize the areas that most preppers struggle with.
Space and money are the toughest areas a prepper will face. There is one resource that preppers can use to affect both of these soft points.
The survival cache can save you money by turning any area into a bug out location. They can also affect space by increasing your storage area. Suddenly, if it can be buried it can be cached. That makes a huge difference.
This article from The Prepping Guide gives you some serious data on how these survival caches can be effective.
- Having survival caches allows you to spread the supplies you need to survive, rather than having them in one place, so that should your survival supplies be compromised in one unique location, you still have reserves in other hidden areas.
- To strengthen your bug out plan, so that when you bug out, you can include more family members and friends and don’t have to carry extra food for them in your bug out bag, but rather have a supply for them cached away.
- To keep your bug out bag lighter so you are able to move quickly and have more freedom to carry other things. Whether it be to help an injured person, a weapon, or if you don’t have enough space in the car.
- For those that have bug out cabins, or survival shelters and want to make sure that any food supplies and survival gear in them are not compromised. You can use survival caches to keep those supplies safe and secure.
- For the preppers concerned about their homes being ransacked by desperate gangs, or hungry people during a SHTF scenario, or to ensure that their weapons are out of the home and away from law officials, should they ever come to take your guns or prepper stockpile.
If you plan the use of your caches well, you are going to reap the benefits in time, money, and space.
Bonus: Root Cellar That Can Be Used as a Bunker
Do you remember the old root cellars our great-grandparents used to have? In fact, they probably built it themselves, right in their back yard.
If you want to learn how to build a backyard bunker like your grandparents had, without breaking the bank, then you need Easy Cellar.
Easy Cellar will show you:
- How to choose the ideal site
- Cost-effective building methods
- How to protect your bunker from nuclear blast and fallout
- How to conceal your bunker
- Affordable basic life support options
Easy Cellar will also reveal how a veteran, with only $421, built a small nuclear bunker in his backyard.
- America's Natural Nuclear Bunkers: Find the Closest One to Your Home
- 56 Items to Stockpile in Your Easy Cellar