Bug Out Bag Checklist
A Bug Out Bag is usually designed to get you out of an emergency situation and allow you to survive self-contained for up to 3 days. Build one today!
A lot of people plan their Bug Out Bag to sustain them for much longer than that, but there is always a limit to what you can carry on your back and a 3 day target is a good place to start.The suggested contents of a bug-out bag vary, but most of the following are usually included:
Here is a simple checklist for your bag (This is not set in stone, everyone has difference skills and this is just to give you an idea): The following list is not in any particular order. The items that are brown are linked to the items so you can purchase today and get your bug out bag started.
The Bug Out Bag:
- Petzl E49P TacTikka Plus 4-LED Headlamp, Black
- TrustFire XML C8-T6 5-Mode CREE LED 1000 Lumen Flashlight
A Good Survival Knife
- KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife with Hard Sheath, Black
- Gerber 22-01400 LMF II Survival Knife
Water Filter / Purifier
- Berkey Sports bottle
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- Potable Aqua Water Purification Tablets with PA Plus
- Proforce Survival Matches 25/Tube Bulk Pack Wind Waterproof
- Light My Fire Original Swedish FireSteel Army 12,000 Strike Fire Starter
- Emergency Shelter Tent, Reflective Tube Tent, Cold Weather Emergency Shelter
- Emergency Blankets
- 6 Ft. X 8 Ft. Super Heavy Duty 8 Oz. Brown Tarp
MRE’s or freeze dried food
Some form of getting your hands clean if needed (dish soap, bar soap, etc…..)
Multi-tools are very good to have because they take up less room
Radio (Hand Crank/Solar would be best but battery operated is fine)
Rechargeable batteries for your equipment that needs them.
Camp stove (try to find one that uses multiple fuels)
A copy of emergency and important contacts (include addresses and phone numbers)
First Aid Kit
Money (If you have to leave your city for a few days
Maybe an extra copy of your I.D.
Para cord (preferred)
Map of the area
Hygiene necessities (comb, toothbrush, small can of shaving cream, razor, toothpaste)
Extra change of clothes (include socks and underwear) and a good pair of gloves
Can opener (small one)
If you have no time or you just can’t find the right equipment you can buy ready made bags below
FREE survival stuff:
I have 3 great items you may want to consider adding to your preps and they all are fantastic. I have all 3.
1. Credit Card Knife – This clever tool is an invaluable, possibly life-saving utensil that is equally at home in your wallet, purse, bug-out bag, toolbox, or even the kitchen drawer.
2. Everstryke Match – This is a great fire starter! Unless you lose it it will last a lifetime. I never go hiking without this in my pocket or pack can start a fire anywhere even when wet.
Obviously all of the above is optional and different peoples needs require different equipment, but if you stick roughly to this guide you will at least have the minimum to get out of dodge!
*If you purchase any items through the links on this page you will be helping our website out as we earn commission at NO extra cost to you. So you can contribute to our websites growth, without actually paying anything Thanks guys.