Make sure you Like SHTFPreparedness on Facebook or Follow us on Pinterest to be updated every time we post great articles on Prepping, Homesteading, Survival, DIY and other topics!
10 Ways To Kill Ants Organically
Photo Credit: A.Currell via Flickr cc
If you want to kill ants the safe way, organically, this is your post! Save lots of money at the same time too.
1. Baking soda is poisonous to ants, sprinkle it around your plants to ensure ants will stay away.
2. Flour & Baby Powder will keep ants from reaching your plants, ants will not cross the powder – so circle your plants with it.
3. You can use coffee grounds, chili powder, cinnamon, peppermint or black pepper. All deter ants and if you pour coffee grounds directly on an anthill, they will eat the coffee grounds and implode.
4. Grits, instant rice & cream of wheat can be sprinkled around plants. The ant will eat a piece of whichever you sprinkle, drink water and the grain expands and kills the ant.
5. Fill a spray bottle with 1 part vinegar and 1 part water and spray on plants. The acid in vinegar will kills ants.
6. Mix together one-third cup of molasses, six tablespoons of sugar, and six tablespoons of active dry yeast into a smooth paste. Use the mixture to coat strips of cardboard. Keep out of reach of pets and small children. You can leave mixture on a saucer outside anthill and they’ll eat it and die!
7. Fold contact paper in half, with the sticky side out and make a circle around base of plant. The ants get stuck on the paper – problem solved.
8. Cut off the bottom of a paper cup and cut a slit up the side of the cup and coat outside with Vaseline and place around base of plant. You can also use packing tape.
9. Mix one cup of borax, two-thirds a cup sugar and one cup water. Dip cotton balls in the solution and place in areas near your anthill Ants will leave the plants alone and ingest the sweet mixture. The borax kills the ants.
10. Diatomaceous earth is a commonly sold organic pesticide that will destroy the insects outer skeletons, causing the pests to die from dehydration.
Related Articles You May Want To Read Too